Our client is a US-based multinational company in the automotive industry.
In order to support their business, we have been hired to recruit the CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER, that will be based in the US and responsible for North America.
The CFO will be in charge of guaranteeing correct policies and procedures concerning all activities (from accounting to administration to tax and payroll administration), coordinating a team located in the region.
The person will support the CEO in assessing, improving, and controlling business performances for the different companies in the region, creating and executing monetary strategies to enhance and keep up the financial and operational strategy of the region. He/she will oversee the economical and administrative management ensuring the correct, valid, and on-time reporting for the various businesses of each plant in the region. He/she will prepare growth plans, supervise financial performance, provide financial projections, playing a key role in risk management.
RESPONSIBILITIES at region level (among others):
- Assisting the CEO with the planning of both monthly and annual financial plans.
- Guarantee full transparency over the monetary execution of the organization.
- Driving the company’s financial planning and strategies, making sure the annual financial goals are achieved.
- Provide guidance on the most proficient methods to increase income and diminish costs.
- Guaranteeing formal governance & compliance.
- Elaborating a statutory financial statement according to the local GAAP and tax legislation.
- Consolidating all the financial performances from the other subsidiaries of the group, by setting up a reporting and a cash pooling system.
- Managing budgeting/forecasting processes on a local and regional level.
- Overseeing all financial staff members (controllers, accountants of different geographies).
- Customer credits collections and supplier’s payables.
- Consolidating financial statements and reporting to the HQs (Europe).
- Business efficiency Control (manufacturing, equipment, sales, parts, service).
- Managing and controlling insurances.
- Managing banking and treasury.
- Managing relationships with external auditors.
Bachelor's degree in economics or Accounting. MBA is preferred.
PREVIOUS JOB EXPERIENCE
International experience in a similar role, with manufacturing, business, and corporate environment. Should have experience in leading an international team located in the region (mainly US and Mexico).
SOFT SKILLS & TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Problem-solving and a result-oriented approach.
- Excellent communication, relationship building, and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience working in diverse and multi-cultural business environments.
- Used to work under pressure and in a matrix organization with HQs in Europe.
- Strong drive and sense of urgency
- Outstanding business acumen and critical thinking skills; brings logical solutions to business issues (not just financial)
- Solid analytical skills with the ability to breakdown complex issues into key business drivers
- Presentation skills; experienced in creating and delivering presentations for senior management
- Financial and management reporting skills – can develop easy to understand reporting with an insightful perspective
- Proven track record of improving processes and creating value beyond their immediate area of influence
- Ability to set up, analyze and improve internal processes to pursue efficiency
- Excellent knowledge of accounting cost control and reporting
- Management capacity and Supervision of Staff
- Experience in manufacturing cost controlling (setting cost centers) at the North American level
- Experience in Transfer Price international rules will be an added value
- Experience in ERP systems implementation is a strong asset.
- Experiences in Office (Excel mandatory) and BI applications (Microsoft preferred)
- English is mandatory. Spanish and another language would be an added value.
--> Candidate must show proof of US citizenship/visa/alien registration. No sponsorship will be offered for this role.