Consea is an Italian leading executive search firm providing high-quality solutions in search and selection of Middle to Top Management across many industries including Automotive and Manufacturing, Fashion & Retail, Consumer Goods and Health Care industries boasting long-term relationships both with clients and candidates.
Our client is a multinational and fast-growing company here in the United States. To assist in their daily operations, we have been hired to assist them in the recruitment of a Production Manager.
The Production Manager is responsible for leading day to day operations of manufacturing plant to drive continuous improvement in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, and customer satisfaction. The position plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
· Provides leadership to supervision and employees and ensures they have the proper tools to perform their job safely and efficiently
· The Production Manager is responsible for oversight of all production and packaging activities in the manufacturing facility
· Prepares and reviews any and all production, safety, and quality reports
· Develop supervisors, help them identify areas where they need to improve and assign work or training that enables them to improve.
· Ensure that the quality of the product produced meets specifications and adheres to the quality systems, processes, and procedures.
· Establishes and implements improvements for cost reduction, quality assurance and production
· Meets with Planning and Operations team members to discuss production schedules and changes in the schedule that are needed
· Ensure problem solving and troubling shooting skills are used by employees to identify root causes and to take fast, effective action to resolve production problems.
· Work closely with Scheduling so that the overall performance of the company including Customer
· Service is maximized.
· Monitor, measure, and report on production related performance.
· Lead meetings with employees as required
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Intermediate Language skills – ability to read/interpret documents, ability to write routine reports/correspondence, ability to speak effectively
· Intermediate Mathematical Skills – ability to calculate figures/amounts
· 7+ years’ work experience in food manufacturing environment
· Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer-based applications
· Strong time management and multi-tasking abilities
· Lean, TPM, Six Sigma experience preferred
· Previous class manufacturing experience required with a proven track record.
· Strong knowledge of FDA, USDA, GMP and HACCP Regulations and Principles
· Strong leadership qualities, including the ability to communicate effectively at the plant floor level with line employees
· Ability to work flexible hours including occasional weekend hours in support of plant operations
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
At Consea Executive Search, we focus on relationships – with each other, our clients, and our candidates - in fact serving others is one of our core values. We support open communication and recognize that giving constructive criticism can be even harder than receiving it. We appreciate the fearless and the passionate who force us to be better. Everything we do sits on a pillar of diversity - diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and ideas drive innovation and make us successful. Consea is committed to a recruitment process that results in the hiring of the best applicants. Consea’s Delivery Team will be accountable for the sourcing, pre-selecting, pre-screen, interview, and offer.
Consea promotes equal opportunity through affirmative action in employment. Discrimination is prohibited on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, and qualified veteran status. Equal opportunity results when all applicants are treated consistently at every stage of recruitment.